Iowa State Fair is one of the biggest state fair in the nation. To me, is nothing special except...the FOOD!!!
We got there around 11 or 12pm a day before the fair ends. We were pretty lucky. There were two ladies standing near the ticket booth and they were selling the early bird ticket($6) for half the price of the entrance fee($10). Anyway..the money saved was invested into the food, of course.
We start our day by having our BRUNCH! MUAHAHAHAHA...Lots of food!!!!
Well, 6 gals, with no control on their diet...guess what "should" happen??
Walking around, buying food.
CL and Mb ate that huge turkey leg together..No worries..they are definitely straight. ^-^ Of course, they can't finish the turkey leg by themselves. Help are always kindly offered throughout the process.KY and EC with the Strawberry Funnel Cake. They look good, but I still prefer the plain funnel cake with no topping except the icing sugar.
Clockwise: CL with Wings, KY with Corndog, SY with "Fried" ice cream (not the delicious Malaysian type).

Clockwise: Pam with Chicken on a Stick, EC with Gyros, Mb with Turkey Leg.

More food..Having Pig on a Stick after all those food. Hehehe.. Damn GOOD!!
CL modeling with the Caramel Apple..YUMMY!!

The fair:
We were trying on hats and playing around with the toys..
YEAH!!!! We all got a Cy tattoo on our cheek. CYCLONE SPIRITS!!!!!!! Go CYCLONE!!!The watermelon were huge (114.2 lbs.)!! Wonder if they actually taste good? You know, with all the water and stuff, diluted out the sugar content in that watermelon.. Ok..stop the science here.
CL with the Strawberry Banana Smoothies..Emm..is just ok..I made it better...Hehehe..
EC with Llama, some animal that you wont see in Malaysia..They are very tame and gorgeous!! They are just so stunningly elegant when they are standing there quietly. They look like a gentleman or, a royal, a prince, maybe. At least that's how I felt when I look at them while they are standing there staring back at me. I suddenly find it hard to take my eyes off them. Am I in love??
KY was trying to take a picture..but..Of course we wont let her take it by herself! It is just so cruel to let her take a solo picture, isn't it? =PThe huge pumpkin (970 lbs!!) Unbelievable!!! I guess country with a higher obesity rate does have a lot of obese vegetables and fruits...Hehehe..Just Kidding..
Most unusual Vegetables (quite cute):

The Art Pieces made with Corn:

Art Pieces made with food (Clockwise): Gingerbread House, Mr. State Fair made with butter, Puppy made with beans, Spongebob made with beans and rice, and the famous Mr. Superman made with Butter..
Butter Superman..wonder how strong they are when it comes to rescue someone out from a fire..We saw some supersized bull (3090 lbs.), huge boar (1199 lbs.), elk, horses and some other SUPERSIZED animals. Animals here are obese too..Isn't it inhumane to do that? Felt sorry for those animals. I felt sorry for the elk too. It was kept in such a closed container that its antlers were injured (can they?). Anyway, not much good pictures were taken. Too many people around the animals.
There are also art competition, flower competition, llama competition and things like that. They also have live concert featuring the band playing that song in Shrek, yeah, THAT song (I..don't remember the name..I am a believer?? Something like that). You have to buy tickets for those. They also have people performing acrobatic stunts too. I am just too lazy to put up all those pictures. Hehehe..
This ticket booth outside Beer Tent caught my attention. Guess when you are over 30 years old, you should look old enough, don't you? Sorry to those baby face people then..Overall, my advice is, if you have never been to one, then you should go. If you had, then, unless you really like the food, which I do, if not, it is not really worth to go again.
4 comments:
ooh, Iowa State Fair. Havent' been one, but I think every state fair should be the same -- FOODS!! Texas State Fair just started, and I am not sure whether to go or not, like you said, it's only worth it if one likes the food.
Guess what I miss the most from Iowa?? FUNNEL CAKE!!! SImilar like your taste, I prefer the plain one with icing.. For no particular reason, the funnel cake in Texas isn't compatible with the one in Iowa. Not fluffy one :(
oh man, obese plants and animals eh? Bless their heart!
jc
Hmm..I dunno about Texas. But Iowa's pork on a stick is definitely one of those food that you should really try. It is just tooooo good!!
Nice pictures to share huh!
I wish I can go.
Miss Iowa so much!!!
The above is MoLiu....haha...sorry, always forget put my name.
Post a Comment