Häagen-Dazs's Mooncake is widely sold in China now. It is an icre cream mooncake. Well, actually, Häagen-Dazs is owned my General Mills, yeah, that big cereal company who does not want to hire international student. Hehehe...But they are still considered nice people though, compare to Kraft.
Starbucks's mooncake is also sold in Asia country. Never got a chance to taste it! They said on the websites that some of them are tiramisu flavor. Wonder how it tastes like..
The Disney's mooncake, of course. Very cute and fancy..probably very costly too!Aii..when I was little, where can you see all these Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Jumbo mooncakes wor? All we saw was the little pig mooncake that was placed in a red/yellow plastic net-like holder and tie with a string hanging on one of the stalls in the pasar, we call it "豬籠月餅". Isn't it cheaper and easier to raise a kid back then? Those tiny little pig only cost maybe, 1 ringgit? Or less? Wish I have a picture to show you here.
Even though it is kinda a cheap mooncake, I miss it so much right now. Still remember my second aunty used to buy one for each of us and sometimes she brings it to our house riding on her 70cc Honda cup. It was such a great memory. I think my big aunty used to buy it for me too when I went to her house and stayed for a few days. There were so much love in those mooncake. I always kept it until way passed the Mid Autumn Festival before I ate it. Sometimes, I will think about whether I want to eat it from the butt? Or bite off the pig head first? Now I know I will definitely bite off that pig head first!! Hehehe..
Still remember that was one year, my parents decided to make mooncake. Of course, they made those "冰皮" mooncake which doesn't require oven. I was so amazed back then by the skills my mum had. Wish I had taken some pictures back then. That was only a one time thing though, it never happened again. It ended up that we like the skin more than the fillings and we requested a mooncake without fillings, just that skin. Hehehe..Kids..
This year, I bought some mooncake for myself, my sister, and my brother. Of course, USPS is always charging me for delivering my LOOOVE to them.Aii..dun they know that rules can be bend and love is the most amazing thing in this world??!! *singing* "Can you feel the love tonight..."Hehehe..
CL and I bought the round one, and I bought the other two and split it among my two siblings. Don't eat too much ah you both!!!! Sharing is good lar!! Later gain weight and blame me pulak!!
Still can't find Durian Mooncake here.. *sobs*
Oh..btw, Ames friends, East HyVee is selling Mooncake! Nice one indeed. Cheers!! Our Asian culture is penetrating!! Yohooo!!!
*singing* ....巨龍腳底下我成長,長成以後是龍的傳人....黑眼睛黑頭髮黃皮膚....永永遠遠是龍的傳人....*singing* (My dad must be very proud of me now)
中秋節快樂!!!
Happy Mid Autumn Festival Y'all!!
Happy Mid Autumn Festival Y'all!!
3 comments:
I had the Starbucks mooncake last year. Not too bad, but it's expensive la.. I still prefer the traditional mooncakes, not those fancy type (chocolate mooncake, ice-cream mooncake, etc)
About your mum making mooncake, ha, u reminded me of us too.. We prefer the skin more than the fillings too :p and that's the only ONE time we've ever tasted home-made mooncake :(
i haven't bought mooncake yet.. in fact, I almost forgot about it till I came across my fren's blog... :S But due to the "weak" gum I'm having now, I think I should forgo mooncake (probably only buy ONE mooncake for him)... sipping tea under the huge round moon, with candles around should be good enuf :p
sigh... I miss those days :(
jc
I haven't bought any mooncake yet too. I almost forgot about it if it's not of these two things: my company's mass email about mooncake and your blog.
Like JC, I prefer traditional ones. Ah...now I can't wait till I got off the work today :(
JC: My friend told me they have mooncake in China that is made with Abalone. ABALONE!! Hai...people are eating GOLD instead of eating Mooncake now.
Adrian: I remembered it cause the Oriental store in my city is selling them since last month, very very early!
Hope you both had a great mid-autumn festival!!
Post a Comment