I have skied once few years ago and it was a terrible experience. Since then, I have avoided skiing and was not very excited about the skiing trip. I was reluctant to put on my ski gear and I didn't even bring my gloves, hat nor my scarves. I was wearing a pair of jeans. I know I am heading for a disaster without those. Luckily, KY got an extra pair of gloves and I used my hood as my hat. It was not a good idea cause my hair kept falling into my face and blocking my view but, what else can I do?
That's me with my ski gear before putting them on and heading for the disaster.We paid $50 bucks for renting the ski equipments, an 1 1/2 hour ski lesson, and bunny area ski lift. It was pretty cheap compared to the first one I went. The ski lesson starts at 3pm. We have an hour of free time before the ski lesson and we decided to try it out ourselves.
I was scare at first when I put on my ski gear. I was planning to stand there till I gave up but the man made snow was not as soft and fluffy and it was not as slippery as the real snow. So, I gave it a try. Everything went smoooothly. I was quite happy about that.
We attended the ski lesson at 3pm. The instructor taught us how to stop, how to turn and how to slow down. He also showed us how to get on the lift and get off the lift (Yes, I am THAT bad).
That's me trying to get off from the lift and try not to fall.
KY ski down the slope nicely.After all the training, we headed down the easiest slope. I was soooo goood that I...fell face down. One of my ski flew off my feet, hit my head and fell in front of me. I was confused when I get up and saw the ski in front of me. I thought that I broke my leg and that's why the ski is in front of me. Well, luckily that wasn't the case. I left a 2 inches bruise on my leg and a small bruise on my arm. I am not quite sure how they got there.
After the ski lesson, we went for some fries and hot chocolate. I was freezing my butt off!! FOR REAL. I can feel my butt cheek....ICE COLD. My jacket was obviously not warm enough either. It was windy that day. I was FREEZING.
After the break, we ski for a couple of times and then we headed home.
It was a great experience and it definitely changed my mind about ME skiing. Hope that I can do it again some other time before the winter is over. This might be my last winter. Who knows?
Oh, before I forget,
~MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE~
Hope all your wishes come true and please believe that Santa does exist. =P Got a great binocular as my Christmas gift this year. Thank you very much..Cheryll. Will put it to good use very soon, I hope. Got a TV as my Christmas gift from the company. Life is kinda good now.
Miss you all sooo much.
4 comments:
Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you Chee,
I'm going for snowboarding myself on Jan. 6 at Mount Seymour here. It will be my second time doing snowboarding :)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...a late one. Sorry.
You are going for snowboarding yourself? Don't get lost in the mountain. I want to try snowboarding but I think I better learn how to ski first. :P
I heard that snowboarding is harder. Enjoy your trip! Don't fall, and don't break any of your body part. ;)
Thanks. I'll go with my siblings tomorrow. For me, snowboarding is probably easier as I learnt that first but it's all relative.
Hopefully I'm still in one piece after tomorrow. :)
Be careful..I have seen a lot of people breaking their arms and legs because of ski or snowboarding.
My professor warned me not to break any body part of mine because he hasn't got all my paperwork turned in and I don't have any insurance right now. LOL.
Post a Comment