Monday, January 1

Happy New Year!!!

I had an exciting and almost life threatening start of year 2007.

2 hours after the start of 2007, I was driving home from Minneapolis after watching the Indoor Fireworks in Mall of America. The road was slippery due to the semi-heavy snow and the water from the melting snow. The temperature was dropping and the water was freezing up before the highway personnel can put salt on the road. The wind was blowing very strong. I was driving very carefully and nervously because the car kept slipping once in a while and the wind was not making it any easier. I was on I-35 and 8 miles away from the border to Iowa. Out of nowhere, my car started slipping. I tried to gain control. I manage to bring the car back to the road but it was slipping off again. Finally, I lost it! Not only that I lost it, my car was covered up with snow and mud and I don't even know where it was heading! The car finally stopped. I was in shock and the first thing I did is to get out from the car, in case the car is in the middle of the freeway. We were so lucky that the car stopped before it hit the road. Or else, we will be stuck in the middle of the road of the other direction or fell into a deeper ditch!

I went down to check the car (not that I know anything about car) and the wind was so strong and it slammed my door shut right after I stepped out from the car. Everything seemed normal to me. I went back to the car and started shaking. At that point, I don't even know whether I am shaking because of the cold or because I was too scare. After calming down, I tried to drive it out from the ditch. The snow in the ditch was too deep and I wasn't able to get the car out from there. A car stopped and tried to help us. The patrol car came and asked them to leave because it is too danger for them to do that in the middle of the free way. The patrol car called a tow truck for me. After a few minutes of waiting, the tow truck finally came. It cost me 100 bucks just to tow my car out from the ditch!

I am glad that I was not alone that time. I am very thankful that nothing happened except the damages to my car. I was still very much freaked out few hours after the accident. It hit me real bad at the time of the accident but it is even worse when I think about it after that. It could've been worse. I am very grateful for not losing my life on the first day of 2007.

After the accident, I chatted with KY before we went to bed about what pops up in her mind when the accident happened. Apparently, all those things that they showed in the movie about how people regret and think about things before they died were not true, at least not in our case. All that came up in our mind when we were spinning was, "Please, nothing happen, please". That's all. I guess, if we were stucked in the middle of the road and a truck is driving toward us, maybe, just maybe, the scence in the movie might appear. I don't know, and, I don't want to know.

2 comments:

小音 said...

ei, remember to be careful next time. take care o.

豆萁 said...

Hehehe..
You are still alive!!! Everytime you msg me, I am at work lah. I usually work from 5.30am to around 4.30pm. Msg me on weekend lar..then we can chat.