Wednesday, May 28

Love & Being In Love

"I love you, but I am not in love with you."

The first time I heard this from a friend of mine, I thought it was just a ridiculous excuse a person is giving another person to break off the relationship. The second time I heard it, I understands what it meant.

It is true that we can love a person, but we are not in love with that person. I have said "I love you" to quite a lot of people, guys or gals, but I am not in love with them. That's because we all started out as friend and have always stayed as friend.

Wouldn't it be sad if you started up being in love with someone and ended up just love them? How did that happen? The passion you once shared dissipated over time? The lust for each other vanished? The reality have made life becomes a routine and just changed everything?

That raise another question. Can you started out loving someone and ended up being in love with him/her?

Yet, is being in love with someone better? Or loving someone is better? Which is the one that we should sign up for if we are planning for forever? What happen when we are no longer in love? We call it a quit? Or we just stayed around because we love each other? No passion, no lust. Is that love? Or is that just a responsibility and habit?

Is love overrated?

1 comment:

小音 said...

pai sei...pai sei...happy belated birthday :p

at least i still remember it.