Sunday, August 10

28...28...

28 years old. Attended and going to attend a total of 7 weddings in this year. Almost half of the wedding, she is bridesmaid and have to organize those bridal shower and bachelorette party. Kinda sad. Can feel her anxiousness about being single. It is the friends around you who make you nervous, I think. Most of her friend are married and some of them have family.

Can I still be very lay back when I turn 28 and also single? I think I could. Well, at least tons of my friends are still single and some of them are older than me (most of them actually). Besides, imho (in my humble opinion), marriage is optional anyway. 50% of them ended up in divorce. If you can't find someone who you are willing to spend the rest of your life with, why force yourself into marriage just because the society asked us to? Or even force yourself into a relationship just because everyone has a significant other? You will be miserable.

Hope she will see that someday and can stop letting that fact bugs her. Sense a little bit of desperation out of her. Sometimes, in cases like this, they can't see that the guy they are dating or dated is just not that into them and that they should walk away. If he is truly into you, he would not have broken up with you in the first place. There is no such thing as second chance.

Life is complicated, relationship is even worse. What would I know anyway? I have 2 more years to get to that stage, or not. MUAHAHAHA...so evil...

4 comments:

ipohkid™ said...

未來嘛﹐就是未到的將來﹐既然未到﹐就不可能會有記錄﹐更不可能在歷史書裡找著。未來的結果在於現在是積極﹐或是消極的面對。命中沒有註定﹐註定的人生真沒趣。未成功是自然現象﹐是成功前的必經過程﹔成功是恩典及恆心/耐心的結合成品﹔而失敗既是人類的決定。Be the change you want to see in your future, and you will see it. =)

J said...

I so agree with you. Marriage is just a paper and official term for a couple to be together and 'make babies." it is not an obligation...

i really wonder if the guy we married to is THE ONE... what if along the journey we met someone we think is the one? breakup? divorce?

but, it's truly selfish to do that when that person has gone thru thick n thin with us for so many years...

sigh.. complicated life. I truly hate being an adult, tho i am left with no choice but to accept it with an open heart... :\

J said...

but hey... don't be pessimistic when it comes to relationship... not all of them ended up miserably...

fate.. and most importantly, believe that the good things will happen to you... they will naturally come to you... :)

豆萁 said...

Ipohkid:
嗯,明白了!;)

Jacey:
Hehe...Not being pessimistic, just haven't met the one who I think is THE ONE. So, rather be single than wasting anyone's time and second guessing everyday whether he is The One. I like to keep my life simple that way. :)
Marriage is once in a lifetime and most of the time it involves more than just 2 people. It is a joining of 2 families. Hehe...It is better to think twice before going into it. =P