Sunday, December 12

Shaken Faith

Most of the time, life gets so busy that the only time that I do not have to follow a schedule is weekend. So, I usually go to bed very late on weekend and ended up being too tired and do not pray before I go to bed. However, tonight, I felt like I needed to pray.

We went caroling today at a nursing home. My heart was filled with gratefulness tonight while I was praying. I started thanking God for everything that He had blessed me with, my health, my job, my finances, my shelter...I have never really lacked anything that I need! Yes, there are things that I want but those are not my needs. All my needs are taken care of.

As my prayer goes on and I started praying for XY, God spoke to me through the songs we sang. Yes, we sang of Jesus' birth and His redemption but the most important fact that we very often overlook is God's marvelous work and His plans that never failed. Tears started streaming down my face as He pointed that out to me. I have lost faith and hope through these trials and this period of waiting. I was not able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. There seems to be no light at the end of this tunnel! I am scared, worried and frustrated. My faith were deeply shaken. Despite praying about it everyday, I did not have faith that something is going to happen. I prayed about it because I know I need to pray about it.

Thank God for pointing that out to me. I need to adjust my attitude and faith. I need to be like the woman in Matthew 9:20-22.

No comments: