I have been thinking a lot about money lately. It just came to my mind that money is indeed very important in order to have a good life.
Last Friday, the filling on one of my cavities fell off. I never went to any dentist here in the United State cause it is so expensive! It cost around 50bucks or more just for a consultation (means that you see that dentist face and he/she talks to you, and that's all you got!) and another 70bucks or so just to get the cavity fixed. Anyway, I have to go this time since the food stuck in the cavity and I couldn't get it out. Right now I am chewing on only one side of my mouth.
So, I was thinking last night about how much fortune the whole dental thing will cost me and it came to my mind that I can't stand the pain when the dentist is trying to fix my cavity. Normally, I asked the dentist to put some anesthetic on my gum before he/she starts to do anything. Ok, here comes the question, how much would a anesthetic cause? Another 30 bucks? Or more?
Now, I have to decide if I want to go for the anesthetic or just, bite my teeth and get it over with. 30 bucks!! Pain Versus Money...
I start to understand why all this time my dad kept pushing me to graduate and go out and get a real job (by real job, he means earning big money). My job wasn't bad now but it doesn't make big money. I think he knew me too well. He know that with this salary, I can survive, but I wont be able to live a better life. Take this dental problem as an example, I think I probably would go with taking the pain and save that 30 bucks, which, normally is the last thing I would do. I am not a pain taker. My pain threshold is very very low.
Honestly, this is the first time in my life that I really understand how much money really mean. I have always take it for granted. My parents always gave me what I want. I never really understand those people who can't even afford a pair of white shoes to go to school or a new school uniform. Now, I started to get a taste of what they were going through.
God...Money Money Money!!
Good Life = Big Salary ; Low Salary = Painssssss
No comments:
Post a Comment