Saturday, June 20

End of VBS

"Amen....Praise the Lord"....Yeah, the crew leaders and the station leaders were asked to sing and dance to this song on the stage. We have to compete with the kids to see who can sing louder. It was fun! I had a great time. BASIC friends came to me after the event ended and told me I definitely need to go to Mission Trip with them because I know all the hand gestures to most of the song... >_<

I learned that when you have physical interactive games for the kids, instead of creating a more lively atmosphere, you are better off creating a gentle and soothing atmosphere. Otherwise, you are looking for chaos! Thank God that I got to do both today. That would help me to do a better job during Mission Tip.

Crying kids.
I was asking the children to answer some question and she got scared and started crying. Hmm...Hmm...Learned that I have to move on instead of paying attention to the kids when they cry. It will not make the situation better by me trying to comfort her.

Foul language
He was trying to gain attention by playing the sympathy card. I was left shocked and don't know what to do. Hey, they are not my kids, okay? I can't really punish them or anything because they are not my kids! In fact, I am friends of his parents and that actually kinda make the matter worse.
Thanks to Sophia, now I "kinda" know how to deal with them.

After working with the kids for the past few days, it makes me wonder though, if I really wanted children. What if I don't know how to raise them? What if they turned into one of those problematic kid? It was a lot of fun leading the children and play with them but...raising them? That is very challenging!
Oh well, I guess when the time comes, we will figure out. =)

Thanks to Aunt Mary's insisting/non-negotiable attitude and thanks to Sophia, I learned a lot out of this VBS. It has been an eye-opening experience.

No comments: