Thursday, June 18

VBS Day 3

It was a challenging one! I need to act like a 花痴 this time. I have to praise Superman and acted like he is real and he is all that I need. It was...hilarious! The kids were looking at me like I am crazy! Haha...They told me I was dreaming and that Superman was not real. I even have to act like I was so crushed to learn that Superman wasn't real! It was funny!!
Sophia led the first 2 groups and I did the last one. Josh was there watching Sophia and he came up to me after Sophia was done with a laugh on his face, and asked, "Are you doing that for the Mission Trip?" I looked at him and said, "I am going to request for you as my assistant" Haha..we will see how that goes...
It was fun working with the children. Every time different crew comes in, I watched how each crew leader lead the children. Those crew leaders age ranged from 16 - 70. Some of them are ABC and some of them are ESL. It touches me to see how hard they are trying especially when you see how those fatherly aged man being gentle, soft and patient to the little kids and how those young people laugh and smile although the kids were being non-responsive. I am impressed, honestly.
At the end of each day, all the kids come back to the sanctuary and do the sing & dance to the closing song. You can see how happy they are! It is very contagious indeed. You started smiling in your heart. It brings so much joy to you as you are singing and dancing along with them. I started to realize why people love to work with children despite the challenges you face dealing with kids.
Sophia was telling Josh that they are molding me....Hmm....Children ministry??

2 comments:

Marco Lo said...

Nice to hear you have a great time in VBS.

Happy belated birthday Sis Chee.

豆萁 said...

Thanks Marco...we are same age now..for a month..haha