Saturday, October 13

Ready to Sail!!

It has been quite a smooth sailing week. Mostly due to the fact that my GM no longer cared, and thus, he stopped pushing me to the edge. Well, my swearing and cursing techniques are upgraded to a higher level.

Now only I realized that I can be a REAL EVIL when I wanted to. I was lying in the bed trying to recall the last time I ever plotted something like that against someone and I can't even recall when that was. Glad that I am still me. I guess if you pushed a person to the edge, they will turn into someone else.

I am not sure if everything happened at the right time. It seemed like it is the right time for me to find a new job, but with the vacation that is coming up, it is really hard for me to decide when is the best quit date and how the visa process is going to be affected. I do not want to be turned down when I try to get into the U.S. but, I wanted to go back still! It is a tough call. I wanted to get out of this job ASAP but at the mean time, I wanted to attend the wedding and see my friends too! I think I am asking for too much. I will just have to go with whatever life throws me and hoping that everything will turn out fine. It might mean that I might have to give up the air ticket. Sigh..I am broke!!

It is quite obvious that the job market is opening up for international students in my field. I am very glad to receive calls from companies and recruiters. Now, I have the confident to not let my desperation pushed me into another yucky job like the one I have now. I told a recruiter that day when she asked if I wanted to work for the largest ice cream manufacturing company in the world, and my answer was NO. I have heard bad things about that company and I do not even bother to work for them. She said she got another opening in NE and I know what company she is referring to and honestly, I am not interested either. Well, we will see how things will turn out for me. Anyhow, I still have to juggle between a good job, and getting stuck in midwest/small town.

I am very grateful for all the people around me who are trying to help me. My Toastmaster's friends, vendors I worked with, and even my boss! It is a blessing for me to have friends like them.

Alright, wish me luck on these two jobs I am currently working on. I really wanted them so badly!!

No comments: