Monday, January 22

Another Resignation

Plant Manager, H, sprung a very huge surprise to us today. He resigned, finally. After all those dramas, betrayals, backstabbings, and all, he quit. Felt really sad.
What's going to happen next? I am not even sure.
Should I stay? Should I go? I am not sure.
Will he come back? I don't know.

Politic is always dark, no matter where it is and how many people involved. I am trying my best to play it clean. M, production manager, once told me, "Sometimes, we have to put people down to get to where we want to be, it is unavoidable." Is that true? I guess that is the ugly naked truth about the world nowadays. I know that he had been trying to cover me up cause he is afraid that I might go higher than he does. I have been playing dumb, keeping my mouth shut, pretend that I don't know what he is doing. He had been misused the trust between him and the Plant Manager to put me down. Maybe, the quitting of the plant manager might change the situation. I seriously don't know.

After doing some thinking, I decided to stay, for a little while. I will just wait and see what's going to happen next. I hope the new Plant Manager, whoever they are going to hire, will let me do the things that I am supposed to do. Otherwise, I will resign as well. Since I don't owe this new PM anything, I wont feel bad to leave after all.

Within a month, 2 people quited. I have been keeping my mouth shut and pretending that I don't know what is going on. The truth is, I kinda know what is going on. I watched the whole political situation as an outsider and it is quite clear to me what the problems are. However, I also learned to not stick my nose into where it does not belong.

Keeping my mouth shut, my ears and eyes open, are the way to survive now. I don't want to play the games, I don't want to have to put someone down and I don't want to hurt anyone. 90% of them needed this job and have burden to carry. I am the one who doesn't have much burden to carry for now and have the freedom to stay or go. I rather be the one to sacrifice than sacrifice someone to get to where I want to be. I wont be able to live with myself for doing that.

Wish me luck!

No comments: