Went to the mechanic again today. This time, the same old problem plus, I got 5 cracked holes on my windshield.
I went down to Ames last weekend to visit my friends. I parked my car at the visitor parking spots and when I got back to pick up my car, I saw 5 holes on my windshield. At first, I thought it was hail or something. Then, my sis told me that probably someone had shot BB gun on the windshield. DAMN!! Now, the hole started cracking up. I can see a clear long line extending from one of the holes. DARN!! More money!!
The mechanic looked at it and he said they don't fix this thing here and he doesn't know much about fixing it too. He gave me some other mechanic's phone number. Well, gotta get that settle tomorrow. Hopefully, they open till 5.30pm. Finger Crossed.
He then went on to fix my car. He put the tires on the machine and added 0.5 ounce on each wheel to balance them out. Apparently, 0.5 ounce of weight can turn into few pounds when you are driving at 60miles/hour or higher! Well, physics again! He told me that one of the weight fell off from my tires due to the accident last time. Hopefully, this will fix the problem for good.
I remember him told me once that during winter, I have to check the air pressure of my tire once every week. So, I did, or at least, I tried yesterday. Instead of adding air into my tires, I am letting the air out! How smart was I??!
I was embarrassed and I definitely do not want to go to the gas station and try it again (I might completely flatten my tires in that case). So, I told him about what happened and asked him to do it for me again. He said that he would do it for me again if I promised not to mess with it. Hehehehe...He even offered to do it for me every week! (He said that sometimes, when the temperature is too low, the air pump in the gas station might not work properly)
Well, ended up, he drove my car out from the mechanic shop, and said something like, "Well, we have balanced these tires before, so, there is no charge." I was stupid and replied, "Did we?" and he blinked at me.
Everytime, I go to him, I felt very much blessed and touched. Thank you, very very much, Jon.
No comments:
Post a Comment