Thursday, January 18

Dove PROMISES® Message

My colleague walked into my office today and handed me two of her favorite Dove Caramel chocolate. I opened up the first one and the foil wrapper have a message read, "Send a love letter this week". I looked at it and smile. After I finished the first one, I was still starving. I opened up the second one and this time, the message read, "Write a real letter, not just an email". What a good conincidence! I find it funny.
I am always fascinated by all these messages, like those messages you find in the fortune cookie. Sometimes they can be very weird and funny. Still remember that few years ago, I went to St. Louis with some friends and went into this Indonesian owned Chinese restaurant. The Indonesian happened to come from the same place as my Indonesian friend who was on the trip with us. He saw me staring at all those fortune cookies and he kindly gave me a bag of those. He really made my day (I was 19, ok?).
American have another way of reading the message from the fortune cookies. They added "in bed" at the end of the message. Some of them really sounded very funny after you added that in.
For the Dove Promises message, they asked me to add "you sad, lonely fatass" at the end of the message...which means that..for my message, it would read:

"Send a love letter this week, you sad, lonely fatass"
and
"Write a real letter, not just an email, you sad, lonely fatass"

Well, who needs some love? I can write a phony love letter, and I am very good at it. =)

1 comment:

豆萁 said...

Hehe..till now, I still love them. It is just some fun thing to do once in a while.