Sunday, April 1

Alone = Lonely??

Started to get annoyed by people asking me what did you do for the weekend.
When I said nothing, or when I said I went out by myself, they started giving me some weird reaction. It is like going out by yourself is something weird. Honestly, I am very much enjoy going out by myself.

Shopping
I hated it when I go shopping with friends and they have to wait for me if it takes me longer to decide on something or to try on some clothes. Some friends are different, of course. If I go by myself, I can choose to go at anytime and leave at anytime. I can choose to visit some store, or not even visit any store. The only thing that I don't like shopping by myself is that I don't get any opinion about how the clothes look on me and nobody to stop me when I am buying something that I really don't need. I am trying really hard to not buy anything that I don't need. I think I am quite successful so far that I slipped maybe 3 times so far. Hehehe..

Weekend
I went back last time and it was quite overwhelming to spend the whole weekend there. I felt like my life just passed me and I was wasting my time. I could've done many other things than just going to bars and sit there and breath in all those cigarette smoke, drinking those expensive shots or beer that are expensive and tasteless, yell at each other so that we can hear each other and felt like you are losing your hearing after you walked out from the bars. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy hanging out with my friends but there should be a limit there. I think a nice long dinner or lunch is pretty sufficient. Going to bars is quite unneccessary especially when you don't really feel like dancing with your best friend's ex-bf because you know that will upset her. I enjoy having a nice dinner, drinking expensive but nice cocktail drink or beer, and just plainly hanging out and catching up with each other's life without have to suffer through those loud music and avoiding those drunk's from bumping into you.

I guessed I have moved on to another stage of my life or I am just plainly weird that way.
I enjoy doing things myself and having control over what I want to do with my spare time. I hate to have to report to people, or get tons of phone call when I want to be alone, and then feel bad and have to do something that I don't want to.

People felt sorry for you when they hear that you are being alone. That is not the case for me. Alone to me, does not equal Lonely. Alone to me, equals, 80% Freedom and 20% Lonely. That 20%, I have been able to handle them very well.

1 comment:

J said...

I used to have the same thinking of you... that being alone or having to do things alone are so much better -- the freedom we have.

I was and am at the phase for quite some time, and now, I wish I am always bugged by friends :( It's been a habit to me now (to be alone), and to tell the truth, being alone sux big time. The freedom will eventually become LONELINESS *sob*

However, despite all that, I still agree with you as regards to shopping and all. having to do grocery and shopping alone is such a time-saver =)