Tuesday, December 11

Assistant?

Finally, I sat down with my GM and have a good talk with him about my assistant. I wanted him to look at it from an outsider standpoint and tell me what can I do to become a better mentor. I understand that I really don't have patience when it comes to teaching people but, she is not stupid!!

If having an assistant is going to add more troubles and distractions to your job, what is the point of having one?
Felt like I have to babysit her all the time. Woke up at 5am 2 days in a row because I really can't trust her nor leave her working alone. Debated for 15 minutes before I decided to go back to sleep. Sigh..what do I care? +___+

You should be appreciative when your boss gives you the freedom to let you work independently and give you the freedom to adjust your time accordingly. An assignment that takes me 2 hours to complete, it took her 3 days to finish it off. By all means, I only taught/gave her 20% of my workload, imagine giving her 50. I don't want to sound mean by pointing that out to her but, it had came to a point where I started wondering what she is up to everyday at work.
Whenever I page her, it took her forever to come to the office. Whenever I went out looking for her, the one place that I have the most luck of finding her, is the smoking area. The sad part is, she is pregnant!! What is going on with people these days?!?! Aren't you suppose to stay off alcohol, tobacco and possibly caffeine when you are pregnant??? I am not trying to judge but I can't help it! Don't you want what is best for the people you love especially your own child? Sigh...poor little unborn child suffering from brain damage.
Was that the reason I am so dumb because my mum is a 2nd hand smoker? Hehehe.. ^-^ j/k..

Anyhow, now I really have to learn/use/train my management skill. I guess typing out a work schedule for her would help? At the same time cover my own behind?
Please, give me a job before her 90 days introductory period is up. I really don't want to have to be the one to let her go.

The more I step into this position, the more power I have, the more I learn how to cover my own behind. Realized that 40% of my working time were spent on covering my own behind. Sad, isn't it? Part of growing up, I guess?

Sigh..watch your S, my dear friend. >__<

No comments: