Wednesday, December 26

Love . Christmas

True meaning of Christmas? I am not sure.

The value of Christmas:
Merry Christmas = $$$$$
Good Christmas = $$$
Bad Christmas = $

Christmas have become so commercialized that for the not-so-fortunate people, it is a burden. I admire the courage of some people who are very willingly to make others' Christmas a memorable one even though it might be embarrassing for them to even give the gift that they bought. Some people value the gift based on the monetary value, not the thoughts, which is very sad for both parties.

I am very lucky. I was invited to numerous Christmas dinner (at least 8) but I turned them down. When I told some of them I already got plan, they don't believe me and I have to convince them with all the details. I can feel the love and care from all these people around me. Some of them call me up the night before to make sure that my plan hasn't change and that I wont be left alone on Christmas. I felt bad because I had to turn them down twice.

I did 2 things on my Christmas break that make me happy:
  1. I spent all day fixing a friend's computer (guess what, my 1st time too), setting up a photo booth (sorta), teaching her how to use her camera, computer, internet and how to sell things on eBay. I am hoping that I could help to get her life started before I leave since she is 50++ now without a job and in debt for her son's tuition fees. That had put her into depression the whole summer.
  2. I chose to spend my Christmas day with this lady who had lost her son a few years ago, suffered from 2 strokes, lost her job due to her stroke and is somewhat disable. My friend thanked me for doing that because she hasn't had a good Christmas for several years.
After this Christmas, I found out that the true meaning of Christmas is to show your care and love for the people around you. This is the first Christmas's Christmas for me as we know that I don't celebrate Christmas.

I started to wonder...Shouldn't CNY be the same thing? Shouldn't we care for people around us during that time as well? How sad would it be to be left alone? Has anyone committed suicide because of that?

Cheers.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
May all your wishes come true!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

That's a wonderful Christmas and very noble one too. That's indeed the original value of Christmas which is to share what you have and love with the needy ones. That's what Santa Claus is actually all about too.