Wednesday, July 4

July 4th!!! Hilary!!!!

Guess what? I met Bill and Hilary Clinton today and I shook their hands today. If that's not enough, I had a picture taken with Hilary!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Try to top that!!
That feeling was...indescribable!! I was literally jumping around after that. How many chances do you get to be able to see the President, shook his hand and even took picture with an ex-First Lady/Possible-Future-First-Female-President? On top of that, I am a foreigner!!! This is one of the best July 4th I ever had.
I called EH early before the parade started and told her I am going to see Clinton today. She wasn't very impress. I called her after the parade and told her about the picture...WAHAHAHAHAHA... Jealous?? Lalalala....Told you to come..That's how close I was with Bill Clinton. I am regret now that I was too chicken to ask Bill for a picture. Hehe..My friend got the newspaper signed by Bill though. He had to sign it with his own pen. He cannot sign it with the pen we handed him because they afraid we might put some bomb in the pen. One thing weird when I met Bill Clinton was that he stared at me for quite some time. I guessed seeing a foreigner in a small town like this is not very common?? Hmm..
The price to pay for the pic? I got very tanned...
I went to the Carnival after that. They have many different rides and band playing in the band shell. They even have funnel cake and different kind of food. At that point, I really miss KY!!! I was planning to wait till 4.30pm for the dance performance from the dancing school in this town but I was way too tired after standing under the sun for so long. I ended up went back home and took a looong nap. Haha..
The Carnival will still be here till Friday night. I probably will stop back again to get the Funnel cake. I sneaked a bite off my friend's and it was better than the one I had in CR during the BBQ festival. Anyone joining me??

I watched 2 fireworks and both of them were great. The one that I watched last night, is on my one of the best firework list. It was over a high school football field, so, they have several firework set on the field that shoot up in addition to the one that they shot up into the air. The whole picture was really great. They even have a stand up firework that shoot the flag of America at the end. I didn't take any pictures because I am staying too close to the firework and wasn't able to capture the whole picture nicely. Before the firework, they have some performance. One of the performer had performed in Oprah's show before.
The second one, I watched it over the lake tonight. They set 3 different stations on the lake to shoot up the firework. It was shot from 3 different directions and at 3 different timing. I was sitting on the grass field. The view should be better if I sat at the dock where they park the boat. I saw the reflection of the firework on the lake and it was great. Too bad I wasn't sitting closer to the lake.

Having people who cared about me, is what make the whole July 4th the best thing ever. Thanks, everyone.

3 comments:

J said...

WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... the pictures are so huge, esp the one with you and HIllary!!!! Gosh!!! You should have told me that, and who knows you might see me there!!! Very nice one... Gonna be ur treasure for a long long time ;)

Kenny said...

早知我都去埋 Iowa 啦...

豆萁 said...

Jacey: Hehe..I know. So glad that I got the picture..How's your July 4th? Take any pictures with your new camera?

Kenny: 歡迎你隨時回來.嘿嘿..不過Hilary應該不會在了.