Wednesday, September 1

Hiu...Just came back from kickboxing. Pretty tired and exhausted now.
This is the first time I participated in a kickboxing lesson. CL and I planned to try it out to see if we like it, it is quite fun though. I haven't been sweating so badly since..I don't even remember when. :)
For those who have no idea what kickboxing is, here is the definition from Dictionary.com: A martial art and sport of attack and defense, in which competitors wear boxing gloves and throw punches as in boxing and kick with their bare feet as in karate.
Well, I didn't wear any boxing gloves in that class though. It might be really cool if we could have a chance to wear those. And we did not kick with bare feet, we wear our sport shoes all along.
I like this sport because I kind of found my own "masculine" side when I did that sport. I used to play Chinese drum when I was in high school and I felt very sporty when I did that kind of sport. Doing kickboxing allowing me to sort of explore that side of me again, which I like it a lot. It makes me feel strong and independent, which I need the most right now as KS is going to leave for his job in Virginia soon.
Luckily CL likes that sport too. I thought she wouldn't like it because she is a soft girl and at the beginning, she prefer yoga over kickboxing and I am the one who drag her to the class.
These few days, I have been working out a lot. I haven't been work out that much for the last four years. CL and I went to yoga, pilates and kickboxing. We were thinking about going to the Latino Grooves tomorrow, but I think we might not be able to make it since CL has to do the processing. Hmm..I am thinking about going alone. We will see..
Hope that we can continue to work out like this in the next 13 weeks of school. I really need to lose some fat..haha

1 comment:

豆萁 said...

Yeah..actually, we are trying to see how long this getting fit thing will last. After all the exams and research started, and the weather getting cold..hahaha.hard to say :)