Wednesday, August 1

KH started the whole speech about how everyone likes me and how those guys' eyes light up when they see me..and blah blah blah..AGAIN! Sigh..all started because CJ said goodbye to me when he left but didn't acknowledge her.

Honestly, most people in the plant do respect me, the old ones and the young ones. Not much people would argue with me in most decisions I made except my GM, of course (and is usually on the R&D part of my job). That really caused a lot of trouble for me because KH got jealous about that all the time. Well, what can I do? I just have the curiosity to learn everything, like to be on top of everything and doesn't believe that anything is impossible unless you really tried hard and failed.
I was so happy that day when I accomplished some tasks that those maintenance guys kept telling me that it wont work. Let a Food Scientist to figure out a machine for you? Hehehehe..(ok, getting a little bit ego here) From now on, that 60 years old maintenance guy started to show his respect to me. It is quite hard for a stubborn old guy like him to have a female boss who is less than half his age. I completely understand his feeling and why he acted that way. Too bad that the only person who can overrule my QC decision is the CEO. I felt embarrassed when the GM said that to all the people in the plant cause I am really waaaayyyy too young to be given this kind of power.
When CJ first started, he was pretty skeptical about my credibility and was being kinda rude to me. After seeing how everyone come to me with questions and problems, how other people respected me, and knowing that I pretty much know how to operate all the machines back there and all the things going on back there, he backed off. Now, he came to me all the time with the things going on back in the plant. I also understand that he needs me to show him most of the things that MM doesn't want to show him.

Respect and trust, is something that you have to earn. I think I have accomplished what I wanted to accomplish in this company. It is time to move on. Updating my Resume tonight. Job-hopping? Hehehe...Sometimes I wished I don't have the visa problem to worry about. That way, I can learn more things and be more flexible with life.

People do ask me how does it feel to be powerful. The truth is, I don't feel anything. I am not into the power game. I have seen how power backfired on people who played the power game. Hehe..Maybe I can use my power to say, "With the power invest in me, I now pronounce you...My Kaki!"

Ok, time to go to bed..dreaming too much..hehehe..

No comments: