Sunday, August 5

TLI Training

After chit chatting with a friend during the post-TLI training lunch, I found out what my problem is! I don't like maintaining things, I like creating and challenging things. That's why, I am so bored at work lately!! Hehehe..

Joining Toastmaster is one of the best thing I have ever done to myself since I started working. Even though this city is very boring and I pretty much don't have a life here, but people from the Toastmaster club are nice and very helpful. The most important thing is, they are very special. All of them have a story behind them. Some of them survived from 2 or 3 strokes in their life, some of them went through 3 divorces, some of them have a bad relationship with their sibling and ended up have to go to courthouse with her, some of them survived from heart attack and now living with a battery pack and electronic heart devices, some of them was married and found out that he is gay and being rejected by the society....and all those different kind of people. From them, I learned to look forward instead of looking back and regretting or second-guessing those decisions I made. Pretty much every conversations I have with them, I learned something out of it. It all depends on how much I am willing to learn, they are all willing to teach and share. They are not afraid to tell me when I am slacking off and point out to me that giving something not-so-good is better than giving nothing because no one is perfect and nothing is perfect.

Seeing them suffering and bearing with their deteriorating health and life, I know how important it is to be healthy and to start thinking about future and retirement. Hanging out with older people is not a bad thing, at least you know you can have a decent, intellectual conversation with them rather than talking nonsense or gossiping about people. Gossiping is important at work, but when it comes to personal life, other than people I cared for, I consider it a waste of time.

No comments: