B, is a guy who works in the same lab with me. We always joked with each other and argued with each other a lot. I never have a serious conversation with B even though we knew each other for about half year.
Today, B and I came into the lab at the same time. So, we started to chat with each other while I was autoclaving my media. I started to tell B about all the things FA had been doing and all the troubles FA had been getting me into. Surprisingly, B actually knew about FA's personality and what he really is. I always thought that B is just like my professor who believe everything FA said and did, seems like I am wrong the whole time.
After chatting with B for a while, I just figure out that B is actually a very smart guy who knew what he is doing, and also has a good judgement about things and research. He told me that he actually doesn't believe in the result FA was getting from his research and he advised me not to learn the techniques from FA because he knew that FA is a total screw up.
I always thought that I am the only one who doesn't believe in what FA was doing because his results are not persuasive enough and he couldn't back it up with any previous published research paper, but seems like I am not the only one. It is glad to know that my suspiscion was not based on the fact that I dislike him, but the fact that his results were totally off and untrue.
B is very understanding and he also told me that sometimes it is hard to reject something your professor assigned for you. He somemore offered me help by telling me to ask him instead of asking FA when I have a question.
Sometimes, we need time to really know a person. I learned a very valuable lesson and also started to build up a friendship with B.
I need to get a proposal of my thesis research soon so that I could make some modification like what B and I have discussed to increase the applicability of my research in the industry.
No comments:
Post a Comment