Sunday, August 22

Hey dude, I make it! YEAH! YIPPIE!!
I just drive to DSM airport and drive back. KS has an interview in Virginia and Mike wasn't around. So, I have to be the driver.
I never drive on US highway before. Even though I drive on the highway a lot in my country, driving on US highway is still different. In my country, speeding wasn't a big problem cause the traffic on the opposite side will usually hint you if there is any police in front. They will flash their lights and we will slow down to the speed limit. But in US, well, you will hear the siren if you got caught speeding. There will be no hint but tickets.
I never drive to Des Moines before and I don't really know the way either. I have no problem driving there because KS was with me. On the way back, I thought that it would be easy by driving on the same way I came. However, when I was halfway to 235 East, the road closed! I was petrified at that time. I don't know what to do and I start calling KS. He couldn't help me much because he was not there. So, I decided to drive back to the airport to get a map and ask for direction. On the way back to the airport, I saw a gas station and I walked in to ask the cashier. That lady was extremely nice. She wrote down the direction for me. I followed the direction and it was a long drive. On the way, I saw an adult shop name Pinky's. Hmm..should tell M about that. :P
Finally, I make it to 235 East. I popped in Sheryl Crowl's cd and started to enjoy my drive. It was pretty fun though.
Now, I am back to unpacking.. :(
Didn't make it to state fair though..sigh..

2 comments:

豆萁 said...

Hahaha..Yeah..Almost cry! When are you coming back? I can drive you to the airport. That's all I can do with the highway now. Hahaha..

豆萁 said...

I am not from China. I am from Malaysia. :) Nice to meet you. Are you from China? I have a lot of China friends here.