Monday, August 2

Child Sponsorship Program

I browsed through a child sponsorship website today (www.worldvision.com.my). I almost wanted to sponsor a child since it only cost RM 300 per year, which is around USD 150 per year. However, two things have stopped me from doing so. First, I couldn't find a child in China who need sponsorship, and second, they need me to call them if I wanted to use credit card.
I know and understand that when you wanted to help someone, race, nationality or religion shouldn't be taken into account. But, I guess I just really really wanted to help China in some way. I always have this thinking about adopting a China baby girl or donate money to them. Well, my salary and my job doesn't reall allow me to do so. Thus, I guess I can only have my dreams come true sometime in the future.
I did browse through some other website for child sponsorship but they cost a lot more, about double the price, and those organization are not very popular, at least, to me, they don't seem very familiar. I guess I should double check before giving them my credit card number and everything.

No comments: