I went to the new mall, Jordan Creek Town Center in west Des Moines yesterday. Wow! It is really huge (at least better than Valley West or Merley Hay Mall). They consist of three buildings and I only went to one of them because I don't think the other two buildings are ready yet.
This weekend is also the tax-free weekend. Thus, the new mall is packed with people and moving objects (baby stroller, it is quite annoying sometimes when some woman use the baby stroller as their shopping cart). Yesterday was also the first day we realize that the populations in Des Moines area are so big. Usually, you wont see so many people in Des Moines, but yesterday...WOW! We can hardly find a parking spot in that big parking lot. It is just so amazing to know that everyone is excited about this new mall.
They have quite a few new shops that we don't have in Iowa, for instance, Abercrombie & Fitch, Ann Taylor Loft, Cheesecake Factory, P.F Chang, Dillard's and other new shops. There are also some shop that are not open yet. From the websites, I saw that they are going to have The Apple store. Wow, can't wait to see it.
I am excited with the new mall because they have these high class restaurants coming and it sort of increase the living standard in Iowa. I went to Minneapolis several times and they have all those cool and high class restaurant where you can pretend to be a rich people once in a while and go in to have some expensive dinner. It is hard to find a restaurant like this in Iowa. Now, well, there are at least something different in Iowa.
Anyway, for those who are not familiar with Iowa, this mall is about an hour away from where I live, which is good. At least, I wont spend too much money shopping because I don't know how to get there, and I am lazy to go there. ;)
Hope they will have a new and better mall in Ames soon. This will probably attract more student to ISU because when some people heard of ISU, they always think of corn field. :) If we have some new mall, better club, then, I guess people will want to come here. But in return, the populations will started to grow and the small little Ames will change too. Anyway, it is not in my control. So, don't worry about it and enjoy!
1 comment:
It's good not to go. Cause you can't believe how crowded they are. Stay home..relax..save you some money! :)
Post a Comment