Thinking of my professor is coming back next week, makes me really sick in the stomach. I have been trying to relax these few days and now, it's time to start working on my stuff, even though some of them are not even my stuff.
I went to office pretty late today at around 11.30am and then I just realized that today is Mildred's retirement party. The party starts from 9.30am to 11.00am. Luckily Sa reminded me before it was too late. When I walked into the main office, Mildred was there. We have a little chat and we hugged and said good bye. I will really miss her. A smile that you will always see when you walked into the main office, good advises you will always get when you needed and all the reminders you will appreciate when you forget something small but important in your life. She will always look out for students who are graduated and not yet have a job offer. She will pass you all the first hand information about any job opening when you are looking for job, and will comfort you if the job interview doesn't work out.
Today, before she left, she told me, "Don't be frustrated when thing doesn't go your way because good things will always come around." This advise is what I needed the most for now. She also told me, life always has its own way to arrange stuff for us. Guess, I just have to be strong and live through the tough time in my life. I believe that fall and spring will come soon (I hate summer and winter).
1 comment:
Yeah, I always appreciate all the help from the people in our department office. You can't believe how helpful they are and how friendly they are. Some of them even remember your name. I know in other deparment, they are really bad. I feel lucky.
Post a Comment